Tuesday 10 July 2007

A weekend in Les Contas

Saturday, we went to a ski-jump competition and barbeque to raise money for a local ski-racer. It's a completely different world here sometimes. It was sunny and beautiful. We drank white wine at the buvette with friends and had saucisse and frites from the barbeque. The competition was for kids from all over the region. The jump has water flowing down it and they land on wet astroturf and then go skidding onto a soccer field to slow down. Some of the better competitors jumped 30+ meters. I ooh-ed and ahh-ed like I was a local. What else can you do?

Sunday, Alex and I went to see Persepolis. If you have the chance, GO SEE IT! I have to say one of the best things I have seen in maybe a year. I loved it. Absolutely wonderful.

3 comments:

The Late Bloomer said...

My boyfriend and I almost went to the movies last night, and then we decided against it at the last minute. I wish we had gone to see this! Now I'm definitely going to try to go next time around; I have heard that it got good reviews, and back when I used to work in a bookshop one of the gals I worked with told me the BD was excellent. This is going to be on my to-do list in the weeks to come...

Emily said...

I really want to see it and was hoping they'd show it in VO with subtitles. :(
I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Anonymous said...

I saw this the other day but I only got the vague storyline because my French isn't up to scratch...
The animation is really cool and an interesting story!